Food Technology Consultant
David, working through his company Foodtech Applications Ltd., offers his experience based on 38+ years of applying food technology and management skills across a range of New Zealand food companies.
He offers a one-stop-shop in support of your retail food product needs. Areas of expertise include mentoring and assisting you in areas of product development, labelling & compliance and food safety & quality management. His technical expertise is well supported by his efficient and down-to-earth communication skills (both written and spoken) and proficient computer skills.
Food Product Compliance & Labelling:
· Advice and preparation of ingredient, allergen and nutrition information, and other information required on your labels to make them compliant with ANZ Food Standards Code and Supplemented Food regulations.
· Advice on permitted nutrition content and health claims, along with their labelling and testing requirements.
· Advice on product composition to meet ANZ Food Standards Code and Supplemented Food requirements.
Food Safety & Quality
· Mentoring and development of Food Control Plans (including HACCP studies and other supporting food safety documentation) to meet Food Act requirements.
· Advice on allergen assessment and control (including VITAL studies)
· Mentoring and support for your management of food safety in production environments, including internal auditing and support before, during and after verification audits.
Product Development & Technical Support:
Mentoring and/or hands-on assistance for developing your new products including:
· Ingredient selection and evaluation.
· Product recipe development and/or improvement.
· Process and packaging development.
· Shelf-life assessments and extension projects.
Broad application of technical skills necessary for normal operation of a food processing, marketing or importing company, but specialising in:
· Product and process problem solving.
· Documentation of recipes, procedures and specifications.
· Product and process re-design for cost saving, safety or sensory reasons.
· Bachelor of Technology (Food Technology), Massey University
· Bachelor of Business Studies (Management), Massey University
· Professional Member, NZ Institute of Food Science and Technology (MNZIFST)
· Training courses in Product Development, Project Management, Food Safety and
Extensive experience since 1983 in a range of market leading NZ food companies:
· Tip Top Ice Cream Co. Ltd - 6 years hands-on and supervision of product development.
· Wattie Frozen Foods Ltd - 3 years in quality and food safety management.
· Cadbury Confectionery Ltd - 10 years in product development and quality management.
· Sealord NZ Marketing Ltd - 6 years in technical management role.
· Foodtech Applications Ltd - 0+ years as experienced Food Technology Consultant to NZ food industry clients.
· Professional Member of NZIFST
· Past Chairman of Quality Assurance Division of NZIFST
· Assisted publication of NZIFST's first GMP handbook.
Back to the top