Dairy Technology Consultant
Anny has extensive experience in Food Product Development in the Food & Dairy Industries, developing numerous products and managing R&D projects from concept through to the market place since 1981. She also helps companies with food labelling, nutrition calculations and problem solving. She was Food Technologist in the winning teams of 6 NZ Food Awards.
Food Product Development
Labelling of foods and supplemented foods
Staff support and training
· Ingenieurs Degree (approx. MSc Hons), First Class Honours, Wageningen University, (Netherlands) with double Major in Dairy Science & Technology and Food Process Engineering. Associated Teaching Degree in Chemistry
· Diploma of Management, NZIM
· Numerous courses on all aspects of R&D.
· Committed to on-going training, especially on nutrition and infant formula.
Skills & Experience
· Food Technology Consultant since 1997 to food industry clients in New Zealand, Australia and the rest of the world (South Africa, Argentina, USA, Israel, Pacific Islands). Technical Director Adecron Ltd. A total of around 150 different clients worked with over the years, from small one off support to working on large projects with multinational companies. Annually working with around 30-50 clients.
· Main product expertise areas: dairy products, powdered products (infant formula, sports food formulations, diet formulations, coffee and chocolate drink powders, ice cream and soft serve powders), fruit juices/drinks, coconut water, UHT technology and products. Also bakery, nutraceutical, functional food and seasoning projects. Particular expertise in flavour and texture development in foods and drinks and reformulating foods to a healthier nutrient profile.
· Extensive knowledge of labelling and compositional rules in FSANZ
Food Standards Code. Using nutrition calculation software (FoodWorks) for generating nutrition information panels and for reverse engineering = competitor copying. Completed well over 1000 labels for clients. In depth knowledge of the NZ
Supplemented Food Standard for food type dietary supplements. Expertise in helping importers to adjust labels for NZ & Australia. Also helping clients with export issues into US, Canada, EU and Asian countries including China.
· Long term experience in food product & process development,
including 8 years as R&D/Product Development Manager in different Divisions
of the New Zealand Dairy Group (now Fonterra). Development of around
50 different UHT/aseptic products and fresh milk products, ice cream
powders, yoghurts and desserts. Complete
project management, in close collaboration with Marketing and
Production Teams. Food Technologist in the winning teams of 6
Massey/UEB/ Printpac NZ Food Awards.
· Experienced user of experimental design & analysis DOE software (DesignExpert, FusionPro) for problem solving and efficient product and process development
· Fellow of NZ Institute of Food Science and Technology
· Judge annual NZ Cheese Awards
· Council member NZ Nutrition Foundation
OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS:
Languages: English, Dutch, German and some French.
WHAT HER CLIENTS SAY ABOUT ANNY:
· Motti Lubezky (TLC Pty Ltd, Israel): “We have full trust in you. I know we are far away - but I can read /sense/ see that you are very professional & your work ethics is of high standard.”
· Gordon Winward from GWA when referring to Anny as the best person for a certain project: "...Anny is one of Australasia's top food technologists with heaps of experience in dairy products both technically and legally, and is practical and down to earth..." (edited to remove confidential information)
· Dale Shepherd, CEO from Miada Sports, wrote: "Where would I be without your invaluable assistance. I really appreciate the way you go out of your way to help me with these contacts”.
· Katherine Clark, past owner Alexandra Fine Foods, commented about Anny's involvement in the Alexandra's Bazaar spice range. She mentioned in particular Anny's sharp sensory skills (PROP tested Super Taster): "I appreciated Anny's professional and friendly assistance with development of our Bazaar range. Of special benefit is her most discerning tasting panel"
· Jaap Groenewegen from Food Wise Ltd praised Anny's help as "I could not fault your process or results.", when she sorted out the labelling information for the frozen meals his company produces. The focus was in particular on accurate and complete allergen and sub-ingredient info from the raw materials used and working out characterising % declarations. Anny's nutrition calculations were in line with earlier lab testing results.
Back to the top
Ir (Dairy Sc.& Techn. Wageningen),
FNZIFST, Dip.Mgmt (NZIM)
Director, ADECRON Ltd
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
9 Ashcroft Avenue,
Telephone/fax: +64 9 636 6245
Mobile: 021 0375 722